Another piece of the puzzle arrived today.
Mast , carbon with all carbon fittings and 5 constrictor clutches fitted for all 5 halyards.
Set up so each halyard can go to either cabin top winch once I add 4 more turning blocks on the mast base.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

The sheaves are already fitted for the 2:1 halyards.
The mast base is built into the mast with a socket to take the gin pole out front for raising and rotation and raising web out back.
Just need to add the halyards and stays.
It is just over 12.6 metres long and weighs 57.01kg. Once the synthetic stays are added I expect it to be still under 60kg. I think that is very good going for a mast of that length. I asked for hi mod carbon in the side walls which should result in the mast being 35% stiffer than Farrier's minimum specs, at least through the minor axis. Hopefully improving what I see as one of the main weaknesses of a wing mast. Time will tell.

[Linked Image]

Attached Files
mast 1.jpg (1176 downloads)
mast 2.jpg (984 downloads)
mast 3.jpg (1036 downloads)
Last edited by phill; 03/06/15 12:46 AM.

I know that the voices in my head aint real,
but they have some pretty good ideas.
There is no such thing as a quick fix and I've never had free lunch!