Luiz- that is great that you also check in to see what I'm up to. I'm enjoying the task and if others can benefit that is just an added bonus.

I put the beading on the stbd side yesterday.

[Linked Image]

The forecast today is for a temp of 38deg C (100F). Sounds like a good day to let the resin in the beading cure. A bit hot to be on the end of a long board- tomorrow however with 23degC sounds more like a long boarding day. The pic shows one of several longboards. I used this one to fair a set of 32ft cedar strip hulls that I built back in 89. Since then I have also acquire an air sander that is very handy to get things down a bit when starting the long boarding.

[Linked Image]

I've almost finihed needing my notched trowel. I made it when I had to fair the foats. Easy to notch a plastic trowel. It has notches 5mmx5mm with 30mm between centres. Due to the angle it has to be held to make the fairing compound stick it makes a notch 5mm wide and approx 2mm high. Does not sound like much but with all the frames CNC cut and careful placing of the foam has proven to be sufficient.

[Linked Image]

Attached Files
stbdbeading.jpg (562 downloads)
notched.jpg (564 downloads)
longboard.jpg (561 downloads)
Last edited by phill; 11/25/15 05:37 PM.

I know that the voices in my head aint real,
but they have some pretty good ideas.
There is no such thing as a quick fix and I've never had free lunch!