I finished fairing the port side of the main hull today.

This is the way it went:-
First I ran a random orbital sander with 120grit over it and that removed any marks left in the resin by creases in the vacuum film and tapered the taping along the gunwale. Then I covered the hull with beading (resin + Q cells). That took 2kg of resin. I sanded the beading off with a long board. That took a total of 5 hours. Beading was left in the hollows, maybe 500gms. The first pass of fairing compound took 1250gms of resin and the second around 350gms of resin. I followed this with a skim coat of "S Fair" as it is good at filling any pin holes. It is now ready for painting. I'll start on the stbd side tomorrow.

Last edited by phill; 11/23/15 06:15 AM.

I know that the voices in my head aint real,
but they have some pretty good ideas.
There is no such thing as a quick fix and I've never had free lunch!