Originally Posted by Team_Cat_Fever
You have twisted what Murray stated as to what would happen if the rules weren't agreed to in the end( which they originally had been). He said he would inform the Coast Guard that the "safety rules" that had originally been agreed to now are being argued, which would negate the permit as it had been issued.Result being the CG would rescind the permit, that's just obeying the law. A considerable difference to asking them to revoke it. If the terms don't meet the permit a new one would have to be issued (or not) under the new terms.

Here is the quote of what Mr. Murray said:
If the jury agrees with New Zealand and Luna Rossa, Murray said he’ll go back to the Coast Guard, which issued a racing permit this week, and say he doesn’t think the racing would be safe. In that case, the Coast Guard would almost certainly withdraw its permit. “Without a permit to race on San Francisco Bay, there will be no regatta,” Murray said.

I don't know the difference between "rescinding" and "revoking" the permit, but Murray clearly states that the permit would be withdrawn. He did not give any indication whatsoever that he would try to amend the permit, or apply for a new permit with a different safety plan. I don't see any way to read the statement "there will be no regatta" other than as an "all or nothing" ultimatum. I'm not twisting what Murray said, just taking him at his word.