The individual is very likeable and seems competent--though I don't think an Aussie or NZ accent is essential to good racing skills.

The record of starts won and lost speaks for itself .

Many with decades of catamaran racing experience in large competative fleets understands the importance of getting the start , knowing your boat --how long a particular manuever or counter move takes and judging speed to distance to hit the line at full speed at the gun --it is often 50% of the race --read any book on cat racing --it will basically state the same.

The belief that you are fully prepared -ready --able and deserve to win is essential --

Suggested reading for Spithill the phsycology of winning --by Elvestrom

http://www.finnclass.hu/news/technology/psychology_by_paul_elvstrom/

"I must concentrate 100% on the new race in order to prove to myself that I am faster than the others." When going to windward you often see another competitor going off on his own hoping that he can pick up a lucky windshift in order to take the lead - this is pure chance-racing. In 99.9 % of cases he will lose. "
"

I must concentrate 100% on the new race in order to prove to myself that I am faster than the others." When going to windward you often see another competitor going off on his own hoping that he can pick up a lucky windshift in order to take the lead - this is pure chance-racing. In 99.9 % of cases he will lose. "
"