Originally Posted by brucat
Based only on how ETNZ made everyone else look like amateurs to this point, I'll call for a sweep.

I'll happily be proven wrong later today.

Mike

OK, maybe tomorrow?????

Not if OR doesn't figure out how to stop ETNZ from their favorite play in the book, which has won them every race (starting at least as far back as the LV finals): start high and roll the competition all the way to a Mark 1 lead.

The only reason Race 1 was as close as it was, was the unforced error in rounding the first gate. For some odd reason, ETNZ was really pinching and gave up their entire lead. They then got lucky that OR did such a poor job of match racing them up the rest of the beat, giving back the lead.

In the Race 2 start, I didn't think there was contact, either, just from watching the video. And keep in mind, one of the first things you learn in judging is, photo and video evidence is hard to believe most times. Angles and depth of field can really cause things to look much different than they really are.

I really hope this goes longer than 9 races, if for no other reason than I don't want the next 7 to be anywhere near as boring as Race 2...

Mike

Last edited by brucat; 09/07/13 10:30 PM.