Originally Posted by Timbo
Well since the racing is called off today, I guess we've got time to talk about this:

Do we think the development of these two foiling cats, the L boards in particular, will quickly trickle down into the A cat class, and perhaps other classes as well? I know they are already working with their C type lifting boards, the A's and the Nacra 20, the problem there is it's like riding on a sea-saw.

I'm talking about L boards with T rudders, foiling upwind and down, like these two boats.

I think if there were a type of moveable elevator flap on the T rudders, like the Moths use, it would be much more controllable. Maybe we could just steal a couple dagger boards and rudders off some Moths, and insert them into a light A cat, see what happens?

There's a slight difference in the power plant and power management between a 72 and a beachcat. 13 story wing vs. 30 foot mast. 10 pro sailors vs. 1 or 2 non-pro sailors. They're already doing some development in the A class, but I think it will be hard to come by ( money and skills) for us mere mortals, and very possibly will never materialize as being advantageous.

"I said, now, I said ,pay attention boy!"

The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea
Isak Dinesen
If a man is to be obsessed by something.... I suppose a boat is as good as anything... perhaps a bit better than most.
E. B. White