Something happened today that I totally couldn't have predicted even when the new cup format was announced.

I walk into Gabriels Subs down here on Edgewater drive this afternoon. Its the same sub shop that JC took me to when I first moved to town - he grew up around the corner and I go there everyday for lunch - my picture is on the wall (no joke). The ladies that work there knew that I was going on vacation and to SF. They are huge NASCAR and auto racing fans. They make a pilgrimage to Daytona every year, and they wear their Dale/Petty/Stewart shirts proudly.

Today when I went in after coming back from vacation - all three of them had WRITTEN DOWN QUESTIONS about sailing and racing because they watched EVERY SINGLE ONE of those races. They're hooked. I couldn't have predicted this in a million years. They are in love with "dreamy" Dean Barker (ooof) and think that Spithill is "fiesty" and they "Can't wait to see what he'll say next".

What is going on here?

Our passion/hobby/sport has been vaulted into the maintstream for the first time that I can remember.

I cannot imagine taking that allure away at this point.