I think the smart move would be to have an AC45 event in HI, and keep the finals in SF. This idea of making the AC45 series count towards the finals is interesting; hopefully we won't see the cheating again. I hate the idea that reducing the number of finalists eligible to compete on the AC60s is supposed to make it more like F1. Correct me if I'm wrong, but there isn't one final race that is their championship, inviting only those with enough points to potentially win, correct?

I love the fact that Larry is constantly challenging the status quo of the event, but hate that it always seems to be done so late in the process. Change is good, but there's a point that the planning and changes need to stop, and the execution begin.

BTW, don't be fooled, the organizers aren't. Each of these peripheral cities knows their place in the process. They're aiming for (and will be happy with) an AC45 event. I've seen this up close and personal. It's not a bad thing, either, unless one loses their perspective and fails to understand the reality of the situation. Getting wound up about it is a complete waste of energy for any of us here...

Mike