Originally Posted by Karl_Brogger
Everything about the 45's was great to watch. The coverage, the overlays, the cameras stuck everywhere, it was awesomeness. I think watching sailing makes watching paint dry look exciting, but they nailed it. Had they been foiling I probably would've needed a moist towel after every event.

You guys keep praising the 45s, but that was fleet and match racing. The 45 match racing was just as boring. Ahead at first mark gets the gun.
The fleet racing was exciting because more boats creates more chance for confrontation.
Personally I've stopped trying to pitch this AC to people. Ya either like it or you don't, and if you do it, you probably like it. My monohull sailing friends feed me crap about this AC like I was the one that set the format, probably because I'm one of the only multihull guys they know. Like I said before the AC is not ready for, or deserving of multihulls, not the other way around.

"I said, now, I said ,pay attention boy!"

The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea
Isak Dinesen
If a man is to be obsessed by something.... I suppose a boat is as good as anything... perhaps a bit better than most.
E. B. White