I kinda wish they had kept the course more like a conventional course, with an upwind start and at least two upwind legs, two downwind, then turn and burn around a downwind mark to the offset finish line as they do now, but with more upwind work.

I realize they were trying to keep it right up close to the city front for the spectators, which is excellent and unprecedented, but a little more 'tactical' start and course would have been nice too. As it is now, you know they are both going to try to run off on starboard from the start for that short blast reach to the first mark, then it's a drag race with the lead boat getting very far ahead right away.

I'd have them start at the bottom, like a normal race, and have the entire upwind leg to swap tacks and places, before they turn downwind and separate.

Still, it is very much more exciting than any of the five previous America's Cup races I've seen...they were like watching paint dry becuase once one boat got in front, it was all over.

Not so with these boats, one bad tack or gybe is really going to hurt when the other guy is going 30-40 knots!

Blade F16