Originally Posted by Carl
BOWS ? foils .Surface foiling upwind and full foiling down .

Amazing racing -catamaran sailors all over the globe must be as excited about the sport and future racing as we seem to be here .

C ClASS cats are next up .

Jobson and co are talking about how they want to make future races more affordable and get perhaps as many as 15 teams competing for the next cup .

In that interview with Geno Morelli a few days ago, he said in the future they should ditch the hard wing (too expensive, too many shore crew needed to handle it), and go with a smaller platform. I said back when they were racing the AC 45's, they should just stick with those, if they really want 15 teams to show up, and now that they know how to foil, they should make the AC 45's into foilers, soft sails, fix the rudders so they can trim the boats on the foils easier, etc.

BUT...as I said a few days ago, if you do get 15 teams to show up, as the Defender, you stand that much more of a chance of Losing the Cup!

So even though they say they want more teams in it, I'm not sure Larry is willing to risk losing the cup to have a more affordable boat, that will allow more teams to show up and be competitive. All that would do is increase his chances of losing it. Heck, he nearly lost it this time, and he nearly priced every other team out of it.

Blade F16