Originally Posted by Undecided
Holy **** people...

That was incredible and scary at the same time. I was certain that the most was going over... So much so that I was hugging the nearest kiwi in nervous anticipation.
The whole jetty breathed a collective gasp when it went up on one edge then sighed in relief when it settled down.

Oracle looked competitive upwind today. Let's hope they can keep it up.

I overheard a guy comment on the walk back that "the America's cup as a sport has never been better." Have to say that I totally agree.

My family here in town is totally hooked. I bright three of them out to the jetty and get loved seeing the boats scream by.

My Bay Area counter part; who is not into sailing, emailed me about the race yesterday... he was there...

He was amazed and didn't realize the physical and mental challenge... He thought it was a bunch staunchly blue bloods with their yacht club blazers and white trousers (Ala Judge Smails)

He wants to comes down next weekend, that is if the cup is done and over with, to go sailing and try it for himself...

IMPO, what this is doing for sailing is what Cassius Clay/Muhammad Ali did for boxing...

Last edited by Ventucky Red; 09/15/13 10:22 AM.