more from the above link worth quoting.

Spithill also said he was amazed at the rumours that swirled around one of the greatest comebacks in the history of sport.

"The last one I heard, [Sir Russell] Coutts had a remote control sitting on the chase boat. He could drive grinders, drive the boat ... he could do everything. I wish he had; it would have made it much easier for us."

Likewise, Spithill dismissed talk of automation being introduced to stabilise the Oracle boat midway through the challenge - some reports called the device Herbie.

"It's comedic, this talk of there being a super system on the boat ... [It's] people trying to look for a silver bullet. Unfortunately [it] just came down to hard work.

"Let me be crystal clear, because obviously you are very misled: There is no Herbie. Herbie is a car that drives around in movies.

"This super stability system, if anyone has got it, send it to me and we will use it next time. For people to suggest or come up with fairytales, it's comedic. [I] can't believe people coming up with that.

"I'd be shocked if it was coming from Team NZ as they are champions and there is no way they would suggest that, as it was a fair fight and they were beaten fair and square.

"Our boat was measured every morning and afternoon just like Team New Zealand."

Philip
USA #1006