Carl,
You're way off base with your preconceptions of Spithill. He is the more aggressive skipper of the two and is probably one, if not THE most aggressive pro match racer out there. He does not believe they are beaten. Ding has it right (glad to see the OLD Ding back ,by the way).
Tad, Would you prefer Dalt's lawyer do all his whining for him ala Ellison. It's the AC: Rich whiners with expensive boats. Always has been, always will.I respect Grant Dalton for his no BS attitude.
A bunch of you talk about the AC like it's a local club regatta that will change to your inconsequential whim. IT'S THE OLDEST SPORTING TROPHY. Hate it or love it.
And for you guys hating on Ken Read you do know he owns an M-32 that sits at sail newport. Mike you had to know this. He's been getting suckered in to the commentator disease of blather, but it's ALMOST understandable considering how much time they've had to fill with the Bullshite wind limits killing races. It's hard to soar like an eagle when you're surrounded by dodo birds. How come nobody pointed out what an obnoxious turd that Green guy is? He's way out of his league, unless his league is being irritating.

"I said, now, I said ,pay attention boy!"

The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea
Isak Dinesen
If a man is to be obsessed by something.... I suppose a boat is as good as anything... perhaps a bit better than most.
E. B. White