Originally Posted by "mmiller"
Originally Posted by "Roger"
Quote from Larry Ellison at post-race press conference today: "I think a lot of people who were never interested in sailing suddenly got interested in sailing. I think a lot of young kids are going to go out now and try sailing. They might jump on a Hobie Cat rather than a Laser, who knows . . ."

Found the quote in the press conference. Cool!! Larry references Hobie Cats at about 47:56

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=aXi4Hc4cLlg#t=2832

We have been working hard to ride this one. The Simpson accident put a lot on hold I think. We are still working on this for the future.

I am surprised at how little the whole cup thing got onto media. Greg Thomas was over in France during the finals and said he simply could not get anything on it. The french guys at the factory were oblivious to it. He saw the final race when he returned. You really had to be dialed into the event to know what was going on. So, the event is not the key to our success as cat sailors, but getting Oracle and the AC to invest in new sailors, especially if on cats, possibly is.

Hobie Cat Forums
Matt Miller
Hobie Cat Company