Originally Posted by P.M.
Originally Posted by Jake
Originally Posted by John Williams
You guys can still feel some national pride - we have more US guys on the ETNZ design team than Oracle has on the boat.

Hah. True that. It's some of the same guys that put a lot of our current boats on paper. I just have my fingers crossed that NZ will stay with some sort of multihull and learn from this iteration. Given their background, they should be pretty focused on cost effective rules so we have the possibility of seeing sizable fleets again.

There has been more exposure, interest, and coverage for the non sailing public than ever before. ACWS, Liveline, Virtual Eye, stadium venues, and Nascar style racing is a winner. LE had the right idea. Let's hope it carries forward.

How many people are at the actual event? No so many, I think the stadium thing is over rated what in my view has been the advance in the media display. Way more people are watching on TV and the internet than will ever be there in person. The graphics and lines on the screen etc make it all the sudden a bit more understandable to the gereal public and now they can show some interest.