Originally Posted by brucat
Underdogs? Really? These people should just be embarrassed. They are the defenders, and have Uncle Larry's war chest. To lose to a one-boat, shoestring-budget team will be completely reprehensible. To have cheated along the way virtually assures that LE's name will forever be tarnished in AC history. To have the gall to appeal to the masses as underdogs is disgusting.

Mike

Personally, I don't think this cheating went to any high level...if it did, the work would have been much more refined and it would have been done a whole lot better. Sportsmanship aside, even if it had gone to some higher level for someone that didn't care about cheating, SOMEONE would have weighed the risk to benefit ratio and make a quick and easy determination that the modification isn't worth the risk. At the very least, the evidence would not have been left after they turned the boat over to the event authority so it could be accidentally discovered by the event staff who are assembling the boats. I'm just sayin'.

I think the penalty was harsh but in light of personnel intentionally lying to a jury, they should be fried. I have a real beef with that.

Jake Kohl