Originally Posted by Jake

That said, I do believe that catamarans are quickly finding wider acceptance in the larger yachting community and the AC is helping with some of that. I can attest that I've seen some shifting landscape the impressions of traditional sailors toward our cats and it's seemed to pick up pace since the last AC. It's been happening gradually over the last decade but we're not quite the "novelty show" to them that we used to be and we're being seen more often for the high performance machines that we sail instead of the yacht club riff-raff that just wants to reach back and forth. The modern F-boats are also helping with that perception.

I'd be more inclined to believe that interest from the monohull community has come from a grass roots effort of multihull sailors integrating with their local yacht clubs and sailing centers. We no longer are the riff raff (sort of) that hang out on the beach and don't mingle with the single hull boys and girls.

If you want the monohull community to respect our game then you better respect theirs! This sentence isn't directed at you Jake I know it doesn't apply to Mr. J22!

David Ingram
F18 USA 242
http://www.solarwind.solar

"Do or do not. There is no try." - Yoda
"Excuses are the tools of the weak and incompetent" - Two sista's I overheard in the hall
"You don't have to be a brain surgeon to be a complete idiot, but it helps"