Originally Posted by Carl
The individual is very likeable and seems competent--though I don't think an Aussie or NZ accent is essential to good racing skills.

The record of starts won and lost speaks for itself .

Many with decades of catamaran racing experience in large competative fleets understands the importance of getting the start , knowing your boat --how long a particular manuever or counter move takes and judging speed to distance to hit the line at full speed at the gun --it is often 50% of the race --read any book on cat racing --it will basically state the same.

The belief that you are fully prepared -ready --able and deserve to win is essential --

Suggested reading for Spithill the phsycology of winning --by Elvestrom

http://www.finnclass.hu/news/technology/psychology_by_paul_elvstrom/

"I must concentrate 100% on the new race in order to prove to myself that I am faster than the others." When going to windward you often see another competitor going off on his own hoping that he can pick up a lucky windshift in order to take the lead - this is pure chance-racing. In 99.9 % of cases he will lose. "
"

I must concentrate 100% on the new race in order to prove to myself that I am faster than the others." When going to windward you often see another competitor going off on his own hoping that he can pick up a lucky windshift in order to take the lead - this is pure chance-racing. In 99.9 % of cases he will lose. "
"

Wow! You really do underestimate these guys and there dedication to the sport. Psssttt! They are paying the bills with there skills you know that right?

Do you really think that getting a good start is any less important in a monohull race? If so, you've never raced a monohull and if you have you weren't paying attention.

David Ingram
F18 USA 242
http://www.solarwind.solar

"Do or do not. There is no try." - Yoda
"Excuses are the tools of the weak and incompetent" - Two sista's I overheard in the hall
"You don't have to be a brain surgeon to be a complete idiot, but it helps"