Hi Mike-

We need someone to start building 20 ft versions of these amazing foiling cats !!Might try building one this winter.

Anyone know why there are not more top catamaran sailors like Ashbee onboard A C cats? --just common sense isn't it?

sheeesh !

quick racing story ---

Back in 1988 we raced in PROSAIL and the Ultimate Yacht Race professional racing series --2 different series in the US that year. We raced all over the US in great venues inc. Miami--Corpus Cristi TX--Mystic Conn--Great Lakes--Newport RI--San Fran.--etc.

The Ultimate Yacht Race in Mystic -New London Conn. was shown on NBC Sports --great fun. Our main competition in the Hobie 21 class w spin that week was Chris --who had just returned from the Olympics in Korea. Very excellent sailor but used to monos--not cats--MUCH LIKE MOST OF THE SAILORS on the AM CUP cats now.

We sailed in 3 days of prelim. races then finals on the weekend in every type of condition imaginable as the races were in Oct on the Sound. Roger and I eventually won the series that week mainly because we understood cat racing. Chris tried several times to tack directly in front, much like we have seen in the AM CUP racing currently,--each time we simply reached briefly through to leeward and clear air then sailed up higher and eventually in front . Rog and I rounded marks with speed better -tacked better--understanding cats we sailed strategically and for position. It is why we won the series that week .

I have to admit Chris was better with the chute than I was but the chute was brand new to me in 88 on cats --so --you can be slower but understanding high speed cats--better associated high speed strategy--better roundings -tacks and gybes--and catamaran tactics will win most every time.

As one other put it --the fat lady is about to sing ;]

have fun

Carl