Originally Posted by Jake
.the mods really weren't THAT big of a deal

Cheating is cheating. If it wasn't that big of a deal, they shouldn't have done it in the first place.

I agree that the guillotine might be a little harsh, but it does make you wonder what else is going on that no one has caught yet...

I love the people on TV saying that they "were sorry they did..." whatever. Bulls**t: you're sorry you got CAUGHT doing whatever.

Look, we all should understand there is no such thing as a fair fight, even with SMOD. Those that feel their skills need help will find ways to bend rules to their favor (until they get called out on it). With this much $$ in the AC game, it's bound to happen. And this happens in pretty much every sport you can think of.... F1, NASCAR, Baseball, Cricket, and even (dare I say it) Flip Cup.

I suspect the judges will be paying a little closer attention to the boats (and the cheaters - if there are any - will find new ways to hide stuff).

Who knows, this penalty on OTUSA might actually put a little drama back into the Cup series. Can they overcome this penalty, or will ENTZ ride all over them?

I like OTUSA and ENTZ about equally (the rabid fans of either, not so much) and would love to see a close fought series going down to the wire.

There are some truly awesome sailors, designers, and composite folk on those teams and it's a pleasure to follow their progress.

Jay