Originally Posted by waterbug_wpb
Originally Posted by Jake
even if NZ takes the cup home, they'll have a hard time convincing the world that this wasn't a pretty awesome concept.

+1 It's almost hard to root against either team, given the huge talent and awesomeness of the boats. That neither team is entirely out of the regatta (although OTUSA seems to be hanging on by one hand) and these races are becoming true nail-biting events with multiple lead changes makes it worth sitting through all those boring LV single boat races.

*EVERY* *SINGLE* *PERSON* that I have introduced to this racing has LOVED it. My friend Robert is ready to go buy a catamaran, having NEVER STEPPED ON A SAILBOAT in his life. This is all due to the 34th America's Cup.

Here's the google chat I just had with him a few minutes ago:
lol
Poor Tad.
Given your height... when you race your boat you should trim and let someone else steer.
</random thought>
Robert • 1 min
jesus christ what I have done
I've turned you into a monster

He's sitting here arguing tactics with me, giving me pointers on how to sail my boat, asking all kinds of GOOD questions... he's totally hooked thanks to Larryvision. Now I just need to get his tall lanky butt down here to FL so he can crew for me.

We took Kate's whole family to the races on Saturday. Three of her cousins, her aunt and uncle... they had a blast sitting on the rocks watching the boats go by. They saw the near capsize and starting hooting and hollering with all the others out there to watch. Its amazing how well its worked to expose the sport to a wider audience.