from my armchair, it would seem that race 6 was a proper beat-down by ENTZ. That race alone should put to rest the debate about whether multihulls can match race.

I like the 5 leg format, because even though the boats are literally flying, it can at times feel like paint drying

The uphill leg(s) being longest from a time perspective, it makes sense that a boat designed and handled for upwind performance may stand to control the race as long as the first 2 legs aren't a total disaster.

The graphics showed OTUSA actually had equal or slightly better speed upwind, but I couldn't tell if the VMG was better or not. But it was obvious that their tacks were a (relative to ENTZ) disaster.

I did wonder if there were a foil setting that OTUSA might be missing on the upwind leg. I'm trying to picture how that really complex daggarboard shape "looks" relative to the boat's motion through the water on a non-foiling upwind leg. But I'd bet there's plenty of computers onboard to tell the trimmer where to set the board angle (if it is even adjustable on OTUSA)

Race 7 was just sad all the way around for OTUSA. But I'm glad they are professional enough to stay focused and keep going at it.

OR... (insert conspiracy theory here) does OTUSA have one more card to play, and they're going to drop it in race 8 and run the table? Imagine the increase in viewership for race 8,9,10 if OTUSA started winning... Or maybe they'll squeak out a race or two to keep this going down to the wire on the last race?

What I find to be almost a shame is that this might be the last showing for these boats... If they're going 49 knots now, after a year or less of sailing, imagine how fast they'd be going if the teams raced them for another 12 months? Yeowch.

Another thought I pondered through my rum... would these boats work at any other venue? Valencia looked too light, any open ocean may wreak serious potential damage, etc.

And if that virtual wind was right, the course looked somewhat skewed. It's a shame they couldn't move the leeward gate a little to the east to square it up a little, but Alcatraz may have choked off the right side of the course...

Jay