Originally Posted by P.M.
Terry Hutchinson says danger is being ignored

"I had a massive falling out with the owner of the team and the CEO about the safety of our yacht so they decided to terminate me. Ten weeks after my argument with the owner about the safety of the Artemis boat, the boat capsized in the San Francisco bay and one of the sailors was killed. It was a known thing that the boat was not safe. "

Full interview here

[Linked Image]

Hutchinson changes tune on Artemis capsize

"On Friday, Hutchinson said on his Facebook page that the Maxim interview "included some untrue statements and inaccurate remarks I made about Artemis Racing."

"To be clear, Artemis Racing is a well-organized and responsible professional sailing team that considers safety an absolute priority," Hutchinson wrote. "My departure from the team more than five months prior to the tragedy of May 9, 2013 was on agreeable terms with the owner and my teammates. No one could have anticipated what occurred, and I meant no disrespect to the memory of Andrew "Bart" Simpson or to any current or past members of the Artemis Racing team. I deeply regret any misunderstanding that was drawn from the Maxim interview."

Hutchinson didn't immediately return a phone call and email seeking further comment on why he recanted his earlier statement."

Philip
USA #1006