Perhaps I misread your post (as is typical for me)?

Because someone doesn't drink the same kool-aide as you do, they are no longer your friend? Seems a little harsh....

I drink plenty of kool-aide myself, but I'd rather debate a particular idea rather than a person... Maybe I'm senile, but I find it hard to believe that someone who doesn't share my particular ideology will NEVER have a good idea, be able to contribute to society, or will forever be designated as sub-human...

Regardless of your particular position, I am glad that you are exercising your right to vote. In this election I believe every vote is needed. Not just for the top of the ticket. I think the down-ballot votes are possibly even more important.

I am supervising a polling location, and I see the layers of security to protect votes. At least in my state, it would appear that while voting irregularities may indeed occur, it would take a monumental effort to "rig" the vote. Our state does use paper ballots as a backup to the electronic vote(s) and require photo/signature ID. In addition, each political party will have designated monitors at each polling location who can contest voters/ballots. Having this sort of coordinated activity to disrupt an entire state's vote go undetected seems very unlikely.

I cannot speak for other states and how they operate their voting system. Most of this was the result of the train-wreck that was the Gore/Bush election.

Jay