Nope... no pass... on the can't we just set aside our differences of opinion.

Mike, were it just a benign difference of opinion....
take a difference of opinion on war and peace... while in no way inconsequential, is ... just a difference of opinion. (I can respect your differing opinion and be done with it. Agree to disagree and all that... I will buy you a beer) You and I don't have any responsibility in that debate. War and peace is not a constitutional issue at the core of democracy.

We have a constitutional democracy which has over the years corrected itself to reflect our American Ideal with respect to citizenship and voting. We pledge allegiance to the constitution and we take responsibility as citizens to honor, preserve and protect the constitution and the rights that it bestows. George Washington and the other founders spoke about our interdependence in our democracy. So... at stake are the rights of other citizens to vote.

Yes, you have an opinion as to these voter photo id laws and their impact on some citizens in the country. I respect that part... However, unlike a difference of opinion on war and peace, etc. I ask you to consider your responsibility as a citizen to honor and uphold the constitution. Will you test your opinion against the reality? What facts do you have that voter photo ID laws are not taking away some people's constitutional rights? What facts of jake's do you discount?

See Jake's last post and address the facts as a responsible citizen.... Not just a citizen with opinions.

Remember, The civil war was not a difference of opinion... it was a constitutional crisis. Richard Nixon precipitated a constitutional crisis when he fired all of those people at justice (separation of powers). These were not just differences of opinion. Citizens had the responsibility to resolve the issue. (eg slavery/secession and the president must obey the law)

crac.sailregattas.com