Originally Posted by waterbug_wpb
In your case, real estate is an investment. I was referring to people that don't have anything other than their primary residence as "real estate holdings"

In the rental/leasing business, who do you find are the tenants? People who can't afford a mortgage, those who don't WANT a mortgage, or something else?

Not a question I can really answer...

We have two military bases near by, and we're registered with the Base Housing Office... this is where 99% of our tenants come from. We need to keep the rent and deposits under certain amount for them to list it; however, there are some back end advantages.... never have to worry about rent or any legal issues... tenants are pre-screened... and they are generally some good people to work with... in the past 30 years only once have I had to bust balls with a tenant, and even then one call to the CO and the problem was solved...

But we do have one that wants to be close to the private school their kids are in.... think about it, forgoing owning a house to send their kids to a private school... what does the tell you about the schools in The Peoples Republic of California.

Last edited by Ventucky Red; 11/22/16 07:15 PM.