since it's illegal to present election results before close of polling on election day, AND election results aren't official until for up to 10 days after election day (to give time to count absentee and provisional ballots), these "polls" you refer to can only be speculations based on:

- exit poll interviewing (those few people who will discuss who they voted for. Keep in mind the ballots are forever secret, so we have to trust when a voter "says" they voted for a particular candidate/issue)

- Demographics. It is public record to know WHO voted (and what party they are registered with) but not HOW they voted, so if a particular precinct has 1500 voters participate in early voting, and 75% of those are Democratic, the "polls" can only speculate that all of the registered voters will vote straight down their party lines. So they can say "Democrats are in the lead" ONLY because more of them showed up at a particular time. Did all of them vote their party? Doubtful

Focus on the issues, rather than these "polls" which are concocted by media interests to help influence us sheep out there to "go with the winner"... But the public loves to be spoon-fed and patted on the head, so ....

Does that make me an angry voter? I would like to think not, but the head-fake the media presents does give me pause at how gullible we (myself included) can be.

Jay