“The president decided to hold an impromptu press conference, and it was a sight to see. It reminded me of something you’d see before a pay-per-view boxing event. … The tone of the press conference was like if your dad found a pack of cigarettes under your mattress.”
---Jimmy Kimmel

“Did you hear him? He said he’s not ranting and raving, but again, what president hasn’t had to say ‘I’m not ranting and raving’? Who can forget Lincoln’s tirade at Gettysburg? Or FDR’s fireside meltdowns? And, of course, Ronald Reagan famously saying, ‘Mr. Gorbachev, if you don’t tear down this ****ing wall, I’m going to lose my ****!’”
---Seth Meyers

Trump at his press conference: “To be honest, I inherited a mess.”

Stephen Colbert: “No. You inherited a fortune. We elected a mess.”
---The Late Show

"At an international tennis match, U.S. officials accidentally played the Nazi national anthem. White House adviser Steve Bannon was outraged and said, 'We’re not rolling that out till August! C’mon!'"
---Conan O'Brien

"The White House 'counseled' Kellyanne Conway after she violated a federal ethics rule by promoting Ivanka Trump's clothing line on Fox News. Counseled? Her job title is literally ‘Counselor to the President.’ So Trump's White House is so dysfunctional his counselor needs a counselor. That's like your Uber driver asking you to get out and push."
---Michael Che, SNL

And eight years ago…

"How about President Barack Obama's first prime time press conference last night? He was cogent, eloquent, and in complete command of the issues. I'm thinking to myself, what the hell am I supposed to do with that?”
---David Letterman

US Sail Level 2 Instructor
US Sail Level 3 Coach