Discussing foreign policy as an isolated case is not really relevant in my opinion.

well....we cook things down to their essence.

The US is the lone superpower spending an enormous amount more money on defense then even aggregates of countries.... I know the US stance will have profound influence on your part of the world...

so,

are you more of an isolationist.... the US Military is a huge deterrent just by sitting in the US ports and the US won't inject military power around the world. see old school republicans ... Lingburgh...and now Gary Johnson.

are you a classic Republican....The US role REMAINS fighting the godless communists... now autocrats of russia and china See Bob Dole. Richard Nixon. Reagan

Are you a anticomunist Democrat... aka Kennedy and Johnson. Carter... containment with out reach to the communists.

Are you a realist Republican ... the US role is leadership and maintaining the status quo... so Bush I kicked Iraq out of Kuwait... but refused to upset the world order and take over Iraq.

Are you supporting Obama's foreign policy which is much like Bush I and Clinton I and II... Realist democrat Which is to build international institutions, maintain world order and support human rights where you can with military power with minimal footprints. eg. Kuwait, Bosnia/Serbia, Lybia?

Are you for the totally novel approach of trump who proposes... with draw from ensuring nuclear non proliferation.... withdraw from Nato and asian treaties which cost us too much money and tie our hands in knots from taking what we want... and replace it with belicose noise and large increases in defense spending so that we can act about how tough and kick butt the US will be in the future.

What works for northern Europe... if you can't pick from one of these traditions?

crac.sailregattas.com