Originally Posted by jkkartz1

Would you care to address Mr. Curry's ACLU comment?

Sure, I'll bite

The ACLU is a Necessary Evil... they have done some good and bad... and sometimes they should just mind their own business..

To their credit, the stood with the Nazi/Skinheads; which was politically incorrect even back then, when they wanted to march in Chicago in defense in their right to free speech. As well as Brown v. Board of Education. Regarding Brown, a lot of liberals really championed this but once the law was passed, nothing really happened... Care to take a guess at who really enforced school desegregation?

As for the bad, I don't like that fact that due to the diligent work of the ACLU, in many cases a criminal has more rights than the victim's of their crimes. I can't seem to recall the ACLU standing up for victims rights.

As for minding their business; recently, there was a HS football game where they we're honoring first responders and alocal fallen hero... innocent shite. But this tweaked the ACLU to the point where the sent a letter to the school district noting that this was a direct protest and an injustice to the pro athletes who have taken a knee during the National Anthem, following the actions of San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick.

Last edited by Ventucky Red; 12/12/16 09:34 AM.